Switzerland has been deemed the greenest country on the planet. So it’s not surprising that they also make the world’s greenest water bottle. For over 100 years, SIGG Switzerland has provided the world with safe, high-quality, reusable drinking bottles that have stood the test of time. Today, the unique line of SIGG products provides a stylish, non-toxic, eco-friendly alternative to single-use plastic water bottles. Made with quality Swiss craftsmanship and precision, it’s no wonder SIGGs were named “simply the best bottles on the planet.”
Why are SIGG water bottles so great?
Swiss law and SIGG company policies ensure that all of SIGG’s manufacturing procedures are carried out with the environment in mind. More than 90% of a single-use bottle’s environmental impact takes place before it reaches the landfill. As billons of tons of bottles are manufactured each year, the bottled water industry has a huge impact on our planet. SIGG has taken great steps to ensure its water bottles are durable, environmentally friendly and sustainable. In fact, last year, SIGG’s production increased by more than 90% to meet worldwide demands – a sign that our dependence on single-use bottles is lessening, which is great news for the environment. SIGG is currently the #1 brand of reusable bottles in the world, and for many reasons.
Every SIGG bottle is crafted from a single piece of aluminium for stability and durability and they are all leak-proof, light, and durable. They are lined with a non-toxic, organic coating that is free of BPA and other harmful chemicals. In fact, SIGG bottles exceed FDA requirements for safety and have been independently tested and proven to have 0.0% leaching. The flexible liner is baked on and it will not crack, wear, or break down for the life of the bottle. If you’re using the bottle for fruit juices or energy drinks, no scent or taste will transfer into the liner, either. SIGGs are truly taste- and scent-neutral.
Besides being the best eco-friendly bottle in the world, SIGGs are also among the most fashionable. SIGGs also come in a variety of shapes, sizes and unique designs. Every year, SIGG commissions brilliant artists from around the world to create beautiful, eye-catching designs exclusive to the SIGG line of water bottles. The designs are truly works of art, and in 1993 the Museum of Modern Art in New York took SIGG bottles into its collection. Each image is baked on the exterior of the bottle for durability, made with solvent-free, eco-friendly powder-based paint. Every aspect of a SIGG is eco-friendly and safe. At the end of its long life, you can simply toss it in the recycling bin.
SIGG’s commitment to the environment extends beyond making the world’s #1 reusable water bottle. SIGG Switzerland is a member of 1% For the Planet, donating 1% of its sales to help environmental organizations worldwide. Each SIGG bottle purchased truly makes a difference.
SIGG water bottles last a long time. Durable and non-toxic, SIGG water bottles have been manufactured for a long life with plenty of use. Keeping your SIGG water bottle clean will help keep it in good condition longer.These cleaning tips will help you make the most of your SIGG water bottle:
- Bottle tops can be taken apart and scrubbed. Separate the seals and flip open the top for proper scrubbing. The small cleaning brush from the SIGG Bottles Cleaning Brush set is the perfect size for cleaning SIGG bottle tops.
- SIGG water bottles should be hand washed in hot water. Dishwashers may harm the durability of the outer coating and the leak-proof bottle top, and may not clean the bottle properly.
- Always store SIGG bottles with the lid off to prevent moisture from being retained inside. After washing, dry the bottle, seals, and lid separately.
- Allowing leftover drinks to dry inside SIGG bottles may make it harder to clean. If your water bottle is stained, SIGG Bottle Clean can help remove any buildup.
- Additional cleaning instructions can be found on the bottom label of all SIGG bottles.
- Rinse SIGG water bottles, seals, and lids before using for the first time and dry separately.
- SIGG reusable bottles are best for ready-to-drink beverages. They are suitable for fruit juices and isotonic drinks.
- SIGG bottles should not be used for long-term storage as staining may result.
- When storing carbonated beverages, do not shake the bottle and use caution when opening.
- Fill the bottle no more than 3 cm/1 ¼ in. below the rim to preserve the effectiveness of the leak-proof seal.
- SIGG bottles can be safely stored in the refrigerator, but are not suitable for cooking, freezing, microwaves, ovens, and dishwashers.
- Do not use for storage of non-drinkable substances such as liquid fuels or other chemical substances.
- Don’t forget to recycle your SIGG water bottle at the end of its life! Separate the bottle, lid and seals before placing them all in the recycling bin.
In 2008, SIGG celebrated its 100-year anniversary. The company initially began manufacturing household goods, including drinking bottles, and by 1958 SIGG produced thousands of items. In 1999, after 91 years in business, SIGG focused its efforts solely on producing the world’s best water bottle, which is currently sold in 40 countries worldwide.
In 1990, SIGG perfected its unique, one-piece aluminium water bottle design, which is still in use today. SIGG uses a single piece of aluminium to craft each bottle for a product that is seamless, leak-proof, and virtually indestructible. In 1996, SIGGs were credited as the world’s toughest water bottle, according to an independent study by Backpacker magazine.Not surprisingly, SIGG water bottles are also coveted by many as works of art. In fact, the Museum of Modern Art in New York incorporated SIGG water bottles into its collection in 1993 because of the unique artwork that covers SIGG bottles. Each year, SIGG works with 30 independent artists from around the world to introduce new styles and colours. With over 100 bottles to choose from, there’s a SIGG water bottle to suit everyone.
SIGG is one of the most environmentally-friendly water bottles available on the market today. Every aspect of SIGGs product is 100% reusable and recyclable – when your bottle has reached the end of its life, you can simply toss it into the recycling bin. SIGG products are incredibly durable and many of SIGG bottles are still going strong after 20 years of wear and tear in the hands of their owners. SIGG is a proud supporter of 1% For The Planet, donating 1% of all worldwide sales to help protect the environment.